|Living Area||3,000 sqft|
|Lot Size||97 acres|
Loch Dhu Plantation is part of a tract of land that dates to a 1749 grant from the King of England to William Kirk. The name Loch Dhu (Black Lake) was taken from a mill pond or lake that was built on the property long before Lake Marion was formed. The plantation house was built in 1812 and is on the National Register of Historic Places. During the Civil War, the house was used as a hospital for the Confederate wounded. No one has lived in the house for over two years and it is being offered "as is." A great fixer-upper. The land is in two tracts that total 257 acres. The house is on the lake surrounded by 97 acres. The balance of the property is in managed timberland located close by. Loch Dhu is a truly historic lake-front property that is within a one-hour drive from downtown Charleston. Other additional family-owned woodlands may also be available for purchase. Please contact Lynn Dantzler at 843.343.4089.